How to Delete A Google Voice Account
Google Voice is a phone application offered by Google. The service allows users to make calls, take calls, send texts and receive texts at no charge (as of 2012). Google has toyed with the option of charging by the minute, but each year they’ve extended the free service. Some Google users simply don’t like the Google Voice service and want to delete their account once and for all, but it appears that Google Voice services cannot be deleted. When we logged into our Google Voice account, we found a link to change the phone number associated with the account, which could be the next best thing to deleting your Google Voice service.
Deleting My Account: Step By Step
The following steps will show you how to change your Google Voice phone number. There is no option to delete your Google Voice account as of 2012. Google may choose to add this option in the future.
- Visit https://www.google.com/voice and log in to your Google account.
- From the Phones tab, choose Change/Port next to your Google Voice number at the top of the screen.
- You can choose to change the old number to a new number or use your mobile phone number.
- If you choose to change your number to a new number, you will be asked to pay a $10 fee. The calls to your old number will continue for three months. You can pay $20 to continue the forwarding for the lifetime of the service.
- If you choose to sign up with your mobile number, enter your mobile number and check the service for options. If your number can be ported, you will receive additional information. If not, you will be told the service is not available in the area at this time.
Is There a Cancellation Fee?
There is no means of cancelling your account, but you can choose to change the number for $10.
Can I Get Help From Google Voice?
If you need help with your Google Voice account, Google offers a complete help page at http://support.google.com/voice/?hl=en. This page answers all possible questions about the Google Voice service.